Thursday, September 6, 2007

Polly Apfelbaum

Polly Apfelbaum is in the house for the next two weeks and has started playing around on the Pro-Side.

Here are a few of her recent works from her website:





It's a little weird though because I feel so disconnected from her visit. I'm used to Tandem Press where the students were busy slaving away with tearing paper and mixing inks and doing all sorts of busy-work when the artists came to visit. At Tamarind, we just kind of keep busy with our own stuff and peek in from time to time. I guess technically, whichever student printers are down to help with sponging would be asked to help if needed. But so far, there hasn't been a need. Maybe later once proofing starts.

Here are some pictures I snapped of all the pretty shapes and colors floating around.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty!

I like this Polly person.

-CF