Sunday, September 30, 2007

Out of My Hands

I finished printing my SNAP!!! edition near the beginning of last week and allowed a few days for cleaning them up and making them look pretty for the portfolio exchange. This included erasing any inky fingerprints, disguising poor registration and removing registration marks.



On Friday, I spent a good part of the day getting ready to ship them off. First, I signed, titled, dated, and numbered the prints. Then I bought some glassine (a supposedly pH neutral paper that is used for storing prints) and cut it into slip cases for them. Next I made a last minute decision to trim the prints down. When I'd started they were 12"x12" but the stretch of the press made them all different sizes. Finally, I wrapped them up and doubled boxed them, printed out a UPS label and ran down to the UPS Store to catch their last pickup for the day.



I'm glad to have that out of my hands. Now I can concentrate on my next Tamarind project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad those have been shipped out!

Now you can focus on preparing for my visit.

-CF