Sunday, September 9, 2007

How Could I Forget?!?!

I'm going home next weekend!!!!
I'm going home next weekend!!!!
I'm going home next weekend!!!!

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Okay... a little background.

First of all, two of the other people in my program are making trips to Saint Louis in the next few weeks. I started thinking:

"WHY-IS-EVERYONE-GOING-TO-SAINT-LOUIS-BUT-ME!?!?!?!"

At some point last week, a Southwest Airlines DING! Fare came up from Albuquerque to Saint Louis. I was thisclose to getting a ticket then but I decided to wait. I didn't want to impulse purchase a plane ticket. Especially since Carrie is coming here shortly after the beginning of October. So I resisted.

But I just couldn't resist it when it popped up again a few days later. It was just too tempting. How could I possibly pass up a $130(+tax) roundtrip plane ticket to STL? It's impossible.

My printing partner, Alex, is one of the people going to Saint Louis. She'll be leaving on Friday morning, which means we have to get our projects printed before the weekend anyway. So what was I going to do all weekend besides sit around and be jealous of Alex because she's in Saint Louis and I'm not? PROBLEM SOLVED!

If it sounds like I'm still trying to convince myself that this is a good plan, you're probably right. But I'm really quite excited about the trip. In addition to seeing Carrie I will be getting my hair cut and possibly going to a Cardinals-Cubs game. (BEST WEEKEND EVER!) If anyone reading this wants to see me you should drop me a line.

2 comments:

s00zi said...

Aw.
I have a wedding on Saturday.
Are you free at all on Sunday?

Anonymous said...

My b-day party was Sunday... I wish I would have checked up sooner. I do hope you had a blast!
Heath