Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Alone and Aging in Albuquerque (AAA)

Today is the day that I turned 28.
I've been waiting for this day my whole life.
Or at least since I decided that 28 is my most favorite number.

Why number 28?, you might ask.

Well, back when I was young and impressionable, and the Cardinals made it to the World Series a couple of times, I decided that my favorite baseball player was Tom Herr. Tommy Herr, as you might have guessed, wore the number 28.



Thus began my love of the number 28... and if I was forced to choose between the numbers 1 and 10, I would pick 8.

I also like the number 8.... and because of my love of the number 8, I also enjoy even numbers more than odd numbers.

But getting back on track, I'm thinking 28 will be a good year for me.

It appears that Tuesdays are the day that I meet with the Director of Tamarind for our business class. However, Marge is so busy with a new edition of the Tamarind Book of Lithography that she sent us to the Library for our first class. We got an overview from the Fine Arts Librarian on how to use the system and also got a tour of the Fine Arts Library. Afer that I pretty much just worked on first project for the rest of the day. I ate lunch with a couple of my fellow printers (from Finland and Ireland) at Dennys (blech). And then I stayed at the studio until midnight. With a break for a few beers around 10:30pm.

I'm sure there was more today, but the high altitude plus two beers equals I'm really tired.

More later.

No comments: